How do I maintain my student status?
1. F-1 student must not have any outstanding balance. Failure to pay will result in termination.
2. Accepting employment under F visa is illegal
3. Maintain Satisfactly Academic Progress
Satisfactory progress is evaluated every month throughout the program.
Students must make Satisfactory Academic Progress toward program completion. Satisfactory Academic Progress consists of two elements as follows;
Good Academic Standing
1. Attendance (Quantitative Standard)
The student is required to make quantitative progress toward program completion. To be making satisfactory academic progress, a student must attend at least 85% of the scheduled class hours on a cumulative basis during each evaluation period.
2. Academic Grade (Qualitative Standard)
The student’s academic average is reviewed to determine qualitative progress. The minimum required is 70% with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of no less than 2.0 (C) at the conclusion of each evaluation period.
- How do I get a student visa?
- How do I get an I-20?
- How do I maintain my student status?
- What do I have to do to transfer to New York English Academy and still keep my student status?
- If my Student Visa is rejected how can I get my refund?
- Can I change my start date after receiving my I-20 and welcome kit?
- How much do I need to show in my personal or my sponsor's bank statement to receive my I-20?
- New York English Academy's F-1 visa Student's Responsibilities