What is the attendance policy for students?
A student must attend 85% of the scheduled class hours on a cumulative basis during each evaluation period. A student who is absent for more than 15% of the total course time will be dismissed.
TRACKING, TARDINESS, AND EARLY DEPARTURES
Attendance is tracked in every class period by the instructor. If you miss more than 15 minutes of any class period or leave before the instructor dismisses class you will be marked absent for the whole hour.
Any student arriving up to fifteen minutes after class has begun shall be marked Late. Three late marks are equivalent to one absence.
EXCESSIVE ABSENCES (Attendance Warning Notice)
- If a student’s attendance rate falls to 90% or less, s/he will receive by email a warning from the school.
- If a student’s attendance rate is below 85% at the end of a marking period, s/he will receive a probation notice via email and be required to have a meeting with the Director or Academic Manager.
* Student on probation may not transfer until their attendance rate has been made up at the end of probationary period.
- What are the class hours?
- What time do I need to enter the classroom?
- What is the attendance policy for students?
- How will my attendance be marked?
- How can I appeal my attendance percentage to the school?
- How can I inform the school of absence?
- What is the Leave of Absence policy?
- What test(s) do I have to take?
- How can I change my class level?
- What is the grading scale?
- How will my teacher mark my final grade?
- What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?
- How much attendance percentage do I need?
- How many students in each class?
- How long can I say in the same level?
- What is "Short-term Absence" Policy?
- What if I get sick and cannot attend class?
- How can I register next session?